Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Monogram DIY!

Everything these days seems to have a monogram on it! It just adds that super adorable touch and makes it personal! I love monograms! Until I look at how much it costs to get something monogrammed! It can get up to 20 dollars! Not on a college budget! So I set out to do it myself!

I started with a men's dress shirt that I got from Goodwill in great condition for $4. My grandmother gave me all of her embroidery tools so I went to work! I washed the shirt and ironed the pocket so there were no wrinkles! Then you have to cut a piece of backing that you can get at any craft store. Then I took a cup and traced the circle on the shirt pocket and drew in my initials. Then I attached my hoop and got to work!





Cute right!? I love it! It makes a great pool cover-up or sleep shirt! Also super cute for weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment