Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'm Moving to Disney World!!

The moment I have been waiting for my whole life!! I got accepted into the Disney College Program!!! I will be heading down in the Fall for the semester and I could not be more thrilled! I will be working in Attractions, which was my third choice! That is pretty good I think! I am so excited to start this adventure!

a little bit about the application process
There are so many questions that I wanted to know the answer to before my application process so I thought I would share about what the experience is like! The first thing you have to do is to look up when applications will be opening for the program that you are interested in. For me they opened up the first week of February. I waited about a week before I applied just because I had to make sure that it wouldn't put me too far behind! Once you decide to apply it is pretty simple. There is an application right on the Disney website and it is a lot like a job application. The major part about this application is that you will be ranking the jobs that you are interested in doing. The following link takes you to the Disney website where it explains each area:
You can say no if you don't want a particular job. I know that I didn't want to work in food or in custodial and I still got one of my top three choices! So be honest! If you are confused on what kind of job it is there is a link to a YouTube video under each option that explains what they are!

web interview
After you fill out your application you will get an e-mail that thanks you for applying and that you will get a response on whether or not you will get a web-interview or not. I got my response within two days! The web-based interview is more or less a personality test. It asks you questions about yourself, how you deal with others and so on. It is really easy if you are just honest. It took me about 20-30 minutes to take it! For me, it let me know right away that I got a phone interview and that I had passed the web-interview. I don't know if it is like this for everyone, but it made me pretty excited! I had to wait for the official e-mail to be sent to me so that I could register for an interview time!
phone interview
Talk about nerve-wracking! I had no idea what to expect! I had printed out a ton of questions I thought that they would ask from other blogs and I was ready to answer them. My phone interview was scheduled for 7:15 and I got a call at 7:17. They tell you that it they can call up to 15 minutes early or late and they usually call right on time! My interviewer was incredibly sweet and made me feel really comfortable! We talked about the top three jobs I wanted and why. She then talked to me about the Disney Look and roommates. We then discussed prior work experience and specific questions that I had about the program! I talked to her about her experience and she gave me some great advice! She ended it telling me that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks with whether or not I got into the program!

the waiting game
Well, it took them about 1 1/2 weeks to get back to me. I was super bogged down with school work and just life that I had forgotten about it one morning. I was having a bad day... by boyfriends roommate hit my car, I had a test and the list goes on. I was sitting in the library and looked at my e-mail. I actually almost deleted it! but then I saw the best words in the world. Congratulations! We want you to join the Disney team! I actually screamed a little bit in the library..... that was embaracing but I just didn't care! I was so excited and since then I haven't stopped smiling!!
I can't wait to start this journey and I will keep you up to date every step of the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment